Vinegar may be one of the most versatile (and under-appreciated!) products in your home. Here’s just a few uses…
Remove odor on fabric – you know, that pesky odor retention in fabric that just doesn’t come out in the wash?
- Soak with The Laundress Scented Vinegar before washing. (For cottons/synthetic materials soak for at least an hour, woolens/synthetics 30 min max.) Soak items in a basin with water – use hot water when applicable.
- Run a load of laundry on the normal wash cycle with one cup The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Follow with a regular wash cycle with detergent.
- Apply directly on the underarm or odor area before washing.
Non Toxic Kitchen Cleaning – De-odorize the air, refrigerator, microwave and more!
Get rid of cooking smells by simmering a small pot of 1/2 cup The Laundress Scented Vinegar and water. Keep it in a small bowl of on the counter to absorb odor.
- Put 1 cup of our Scented Vinegar in a glass in the refrigerator for two days to remove odor – or keep refreshing if you have a constant problem.
- Use ¼ cup The Laundress Scented Vinegar and 1 cup water bring to a boil and let sit.
- Add 1/2 cup of our Scented Vinegar to the rinse cycle or add 1 cup with dish detergent and run a full cycle to rinse spotty glassware.
Remove and inhibit bacteria, mold and yeast growth to acceptable levels
Apply our Scented Vinegar directly on cutting boards at the end of the evening and do not rinse.
Spray kitchen counter tops and wipe down (this will also keep ants and bugs away).
Natural drain cleaner for tubs, sinks and taps – Clean, deodorize and unclog drains!
- Mix 1 cup baking soda (even better is with 1/4 cup The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative!) and 1 cup boiling The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Pour down drain and let sit for 5 minutes then run hot water down the drain.
*This is also great in half proportion for the garbage disposal
- Apply The Laundress Scented Vinegar directly to the area with a cloth or sponge.
*We recommend mixing our Scented Vinegar with The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative as a great way to scrub/clean tubs, tiles, toilets and stained porcelain. (Using The Laundress Scrub Brush, of course!)
- Deodorize with 1 cup of our Scented Vinegar, let sit for at least a half hour and then flush.
Clean Blinds and Walls
- Mix equal parts water and our Scented Vinegar in a pail and use a sponge or The Laundress Lint Free Cleaning Cloths to wipe down walls and blinds.
Clean Pergo “Wood” Floors
- Pergo floors should be cleaned with The Laundress Scented Vinegar vs. any other products floor cleaners, all-purpose cleaners, and wax as they leave a film. Use 1/4 cup of our Scented Vinegar with 1 gallon water to mop.
Smelly Pet or Skunk Spray
- Rinse dog with water. Mix 1 cup The Laundress Scented Vinegar with 2 gallons of water and saturate the dog’s coat with solution. Dry off without rinsing.