Caring for Denim – Don’t like stiff denim? The Laundress Denim Wash is formulated with our Fabric Conditioner to soften denim while preserving the color with our Darks Detergent.
- Examine for stains: pre-treat with The Laundress Stain Solution or The Laundress Wash & Stain Bar. Always treat stains first and pre-soak for the most effective removal.
- To remove dirt, grease and grime (especially on the hem) treat with our Wash & Stain Bar. Wet bar and work into the fabric.
- To remove juice, wine, coffee, pen, chocolate use our Stain Solution and Stain Brush.
- To remove odors: pre-wash or pre-soak with The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Apply vinegar directly on odor areas and work stain solution into the fabric. Soak well.
- Turn your denim inside out. This prevents abrasion and lengthens the life of colorant dyes.
- Do not mix colors, wash with like colors only.
- Launder blue and dark denim with The Laundress Denim Wash in cold water.
- White denim should be laundered with The Laundress Whites Detergent in hot water to keep looking brand new.
- Hang to dry. Color is best maintained by not using the dryer, that is where most fading occurs. Air drying is always recommended.
Tips and Tricks:
- Hand washing will lengthen the life of colored garments.
- Altering and hemming – wash and dry in a high temperature to maximize the shrinkage…especially for pant legs.
- Embroidered, embellished, broken in, decorative and/or worn holes- Wash on the delicate cycle with The Laundress Mesh Bag and line dry. Do not use the dryer.
- Dark denim – wash your new dark or colored denim alone to prevent issues with dye transfer on other items.
- In between washing and wearing – spray with your favorite scent of The Laundress Fabric Fresh, our anti-bacterial and odor removal spray.