Cleaning up Halloween treats can get tricky. Sticky sweet treats can cause quite a fright when you find them stuck to costumes and other favorite pieces. When one of these wicked stains lurks longer than you’d like, use one of our magic potions to vanish them for good.
TREATING TANNIN STAINS
HOW TO CONQUER
On cotton, linen, and durable synthetics
- Work the Stain: Work the solution into the fabric using your finger or our Stain Brush.
- Apply Product: Apply Stain Solution directly on the affected area. For old, stubborn, or large stains, strengthen the formula by sprinkling All-Purpose Bleach Alternative on the Stain Solution to create a powerful paste.
- Pour water on the stain: For added cleaning power, pour boiling water from a kettle onto the affected area. The force of the pouring water helps to do the work. You can also use water from a faucet set to its highest water pressure output.
- Soak up to 30 minutes: Soak the item in a basin filled with hot water.
- Reapply or repeat as needed: If the stain is not completely gone, repeat this process until satisfied.
- Launder the item: Launder according to care instructions for washing.
On Silk, Silk Blends, Silk-Like & Delicate Synthetics OR Wool, Cashmere, Wool Blends, & Wool-Like Synthetics
- Follow the same steps listed above, but exclude the use of All-Purpose Bleach Alternative (it should not be used on silks or woolens) and use tepid/lukewarm water for pretreating and presoaking. When presoaking, be sure to never let a silk or woolen item soak for longer than 30 minutes.
TREATING GUM & HARD CANDY STAINS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The Laundress Wash & Stain Bar, Wash Basin
HOW TO CONQUER
- Lather: Create a lather using the Wash & Stain Bar and warm water.
- Work the Stain: Glide the bar over the sticky area. The sticky element will begin to lift. When it does, remove the loose clumps as you continue to work. If the mess is not completely gone, repeat this process until satisfied.
- Soak as Needed: If there’s discoloration or residue, soak the item in a basin of warm water for up to 30 minutes.
- Launder the Item: Launder according to the care instructions for washing.
Shop This Story